Installing driver for SATA hard disk without floppy containing SATA AHCI driver and floppy drive is very easy provided you follow these simple steps.
- You have to download SATA driver from motherboard manufacturer website. If laptop, then download SATA driver from the laptop brand website.
- Create a folder named WindowsXP in any partition and copy all files and folders from your original Windows XP operating system CD/DVD to the newly created folder.
- Click Here to download free nlite software. Make sure you have .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 or more is installed in you computer before installing nlite. Click here to download .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 for x86 (32 bit environment) or Click here to download .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 for x64 (64 Bit environment) . Nlite software is used for integrating drivers, service packs, components, programs with Windows XP or any other windows operating system. With nlite you can either directly burn the operating system along with integrated drivers, service packs, components, programs to the CD/DVD or you can create image file if you want to burn it to CD/DVD later.
- Click here to see the procedure of integrating SATA AHCI driver with windows using nlite software.
- Once you create operating system CD/DVD with integrated SATA driver using nlite software, installation of Windows XP is very easy. Install Windows XP with newly nlite created bootable CD/DVD. SATA AHCI driver will be automatically installed during operating system installation.